Wednesday, 9 December 2015

Teachers refection: One Word 2015 FAITH


Faith

My one word was Faith for this year. The reason behind this was four reasons they are the following;

1.     Faith- In my planning and that I will keep my lessons creative and exciting for my students. I will constantly keep seeking new ways to help with their learning.
2.     Faith- in my collegaues and that I would have their back and they have mine.
3.     Faith- in my abilities to balance my life/work. I will try and remain a well balance life where I am able to work and do things outside of school.
4.     Faith- I can have a full time job and be a great mum to my new born baby, Leon and Jayden.

Planning:
This has been great and I think it comes down to the collabarative planning with  teachers from our learning community. It was great to work with others in order to come up with exciting workshops and to question each other when we thought either one of us were being dull or flat with our inquiry task.

Collegues:
This has been a great journey. We said as a team that we “gel” really well together. We can give each constructive critisim, question our thinking, construct innovative programmes and walk out of our learning days feeling like whanau. We do care for one another and we will be there till the end for one another. Yes it cheesy but its true.

Balance between work and outside of work.
I am going to admit it hasn’t been easy and I wouldn’t even be able to say I have actually cracked the code. However I do try to leave mahi at mahi and I think what has helped with this has been the conversations I have been able to have with another collegue. I literally talk shop the whole way home that by time I get home I am done.

Full time vs Full time mum
This is one I battle with constantly first was with the loss of our baby. I thought I would not come out of it but I did. I constantly battle with my boys and the energy levels they get to with all their sports. I try to be the active mum they need however sometimes I am really tired and need Husband to sub me out. I love that my boys are active and I am there to support them but I do get tired when juggling them and giving them the undivided attnetion they need plus juggling my full time job. Life is Life and I am still working on this one too!

Faith has been everywhere for me. Within my own teaching and learning beliefs and whether I am doing the right thing for the students and myself. I am constantly questioning myself as to how these inquiries that I am apart of are helping our students. Are they what they need? How are they getting credits? Am I doing a good job? Are the students learning anything? Will their whanau be happy with what Im doing? I am asking these type of questions constanly but I just think to myself. Have faith in yourself. Have faith in your collegues. Have faith in your support.

The difference that I think it has made is that because I am constantly having faith in myself and what I am doing makes me accountable to our students and whether I am doing the right thing for them and their whanau.

1 comment:

  1. Tu Meke! You have Faith like George Michael! Been an honour working with you!

    ReplyDelete